Saturday, September 1

never changing

One of my favorite verses to cling to as we begin a new month:  "Jesus Christ is the same yesterday, today, and forever." ~ Hebrews 13:8

Knowing the God whom I've come to love through His Word the Bible and through personal experience, this verse is calming to me.  Knowing the world around me that is constantly changing and often negatively as its moral structure moves further and further away from God, this verse is calming to me.  Knowing my own daily life that brings forth challenges from sunrise to sunset, this verse is calming to me.  

Because He is the same yesterday, today, and forever, I can trust Him completely.  I know that He will be with me no matter what comes my way through the world I live in.  He is faithful, loving, just, merciful, forgiving, and full of grace. Those things will never change.  

I hope that knowing that calms you, too!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

LaughingLady said...

In seasons of change, that is SO comforting. I can't believe September is here already... I'm not READY to send my girls back to school and get back into a routine!!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin