Monday, September 17

Simple Woman's Daybook for September 17



For September 17

Outside my window.....the skies are gray with rain showers in the forecast for today and all week. 

I am thinking.....that this weather matches my mood right now and the need to slow my pace for time to think through a few things.  

I am thankful.....for the support and care that special friends provide when I need it the most.

I am wearing.....a pair of jeans, a favorite blue t-shirt, my bright hoodie, and warm socks.

I am hearing.....the rain falling outside my window.

I am wondering.....how everything will fit into my car that I need to take to my daughter's house?

I am creating.....some fun decorations for the new bulletin/white board that we put up in the kitchen yesterday.

I am going.....to purchase a new vacuum cleaner today as our vacuum of many many years finally bit the dust.  (Isn't that an appropriate way for a vacuum to end its life?  Biting the dust?)

I am reading.....the book "Wheat Belly" by William Davis, MD.

I am praying.....for God to do some life changing work in our family.

I am remembering.....those days of thinking my kids would all be little forever.  How quickly they grow up and leave home!

I am hoping.....to finish sorting through and organizing all the school materials and books we no longer need so that we may sell some of it.  

On my mind.....is my never ending list.

From the learning rooms.....our schooling has started and we're working on getting a new rhythm to our days.  

I am learning....to extend grace to myself.  

Noticing that.....there's much to harvest and clean-up in my garden.  Unfortunately the weather doesn't sound like it is going to cooperate this week to get it done.

I am looking forward to.....spending some time with my oldest daughter's family and babysitting the grands.

Pondering these words....."Hope has two beautiful daughters;  their names are anger and courage.  Anger that things are the way they are.  Courage to make them the way they ought to be." ~ St. Augustine

From the kitchen.....there will be more jars of tomatoes canned for winter chili this week.

Around the house....are signs of a birthday yesterday.

One of my favorite things.....is watching the woods turn brilliant bright colors.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include tomato canning, some work, a meeting, soccer practices, coffee with a friend, and traveling to my daughter's house. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A peek at the patch of zinnias in my garden.  I think having flowers mixed in with the vegetables are the highlight of my garden each time I walk through the garden gate.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the September daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

your vacuum biting the dust made me laugh. my vacuum needs to eat some dust here...meant to do it today, but never managed it.

we did go buy a new used car tonight...as my car has been needing to be replaced. won't be here for a few days...but the guy we bought it from offered to drive it to us...sweet.

enjoy your visit to your daughter. is it a long trek for you.

need to make some pesto...this year didn't grow much (can you say unexpected wedding in May)...but will run to Restaurant Depot and get a case of basil (the cheaters way I am afraid.)

nice to catch up with you...

xoxo
Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

mom said...

So nice to catch up with you, too, Kimmie!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin