Wednesday, November 21

faint not

As I was enjoying some quiet time this morning before the flurry of pie baking and cleaning, the devotion for the day was based on Isaiah 40:31.  You know, the wings like eagles verse in the Bible.  I get that often quoted verse.  We are blessed to live in an area where we do regularly see the majesty of eagles soaring above us in the sky or dipping down to the lake to pull a fish out for dinner.  

However, this morning when I pulled my Bible out I was more drawn to the verses before that one:

"Have you not known?  Have you not heard?  The LORD is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth.  He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable.  He gives power to the faint, and to him who has no might he increases strength."  ~ Isaiah 40:27-28

Those verses spoke to my heart.  Why?  Because it's in many ways been a long year.  A busy year.  A weary year.    As I look ahead to the final stretch - in other words, Christmas - about all I can come up with is a big sigh.  Keeping life balanced between home and ministry is already a challenge, but throwing in all the details of Christmas?  It makes my heart faint.

Yet the one who knows me best - my Creator - who never grows faint or weary is there to give me power and increase the strength I have right this very moment.  His power and strength will come as I live out HIS purposes and follow HIS will.  Because the final stretch of the year isn't about me.  It's about HIM.  The key is remembering that important detail.

Until then, I'm going to enjoy these days ahead of being with family and joining the rest of the country in an "attitude of gratitude".  Happy Thanksgiving!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


3 comments:

Amanda said...

Beautiful reminder! I love those verses. :)

Rachel D said...

Wonderful!!

mom said...

Thanks, Amanda and Rachel! May you not faint or grow weary either!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin