Tuesday, November 27

for or against

Here's my thought for the day:

"The way to solve perplexing problems is to ask—Is this the kind of thing in which Jesus Christ is interested, or the kind of thing in which the spirit that is the antipodes of Jesus is interested?" ~ Oswald Chambers

First of all, I love the challenge of a new word.  Reminds me of all the vocabulary words my high schoolers often have in their language book that I have never heard of before and which are fun to learn even though I may never use them in everyday language.  

Antipodes - opposite, contrary, against (kind of like the east from the west)

As I read this, a kazillion scenarios ran through my head. Some problems would be critical in my faith walk with Jesus as I responded to them, other problems would be sliding into enemy territory if not held closely to what God's word says, and other perplexing problems like figuring out yardage of different fabrics for a quilt may be considered non-essential.  

Although I can't solve your perplexing problems of the day, perhaps this will be a guideline to ponder a bit as possible choices pop up in your mind.  A challenge indeed!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Chris Worthy said...

Tammy, Thanks for the virtual visit. I always love reading your wise words - you encourage me more than you know!

Chris

mom said...

Hey, Chris! I don't have much time for blog hopping these days, but enjoy stopping by to see you now and then. Thanks for stopping by here and your words of encouragement!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin