Tuesday, November 20

waiting in the sunshine

"God is wise.  He cannot gather the fruit until it is ripe. He knows when we are spiritually ready to receive the blessing.  Waiting in the sunshine of His love will ripen the soul.  Be assured that if God waits longer than you could wish, it is only to make the blessing doubly precious.  Our times are in His hands." ~ Andrew Murray

Throughout November my devotional has been talking about waiting on God.  The timing of all these days of reading what Scripture says about waiting on God has been, well, timely for me.  

Having a gardener's heart, today's words went right to my heart and understanding.  As I walk through my garden in late summer, I know when to harvest the beans or the carrots or the squash.  Sometimes I can gather because the crop is perfectly ripe and ready; sometimes I realize there is more growing needed under the warm sun.  I, the gardener, am the judge of the ripeness of each thing growing under my watchful eye.  

And so it is with God. He knows when we are ready because He knows us better than anyone walking on this earth.  He created us and knows every single little detail about us.  His watchful eye misses nothing.  Sometimes our growing takes longer than we'd like.  It requires stillness and waiting and resting.  It takes trusting in Him.  It takes letting go of what we may want and desiring what He wants whatever it may be.  

We wait in the sunshine of His love as He ripens our soul.

"Each time you wait upon Him, you may look up and see Him ready to meet you." ~ Andrew Murray

Ohhhh, that gives me :::Godbumps:::

The reward of waiting.  When He sees that we're ripened in the Christlike character He's been crafting and molding into our lives, we look up and there He is.  The blessing of His love at that moment can take our breath away.

Ohhhh, Lord, help me to be still, to wait, to rest, to know that I can trust you completely for You are the faithful Gardener of my soul.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

"They that wait upon the Lord shall renew their strength". Don't know where this is in the Bible, but it's also a song we used to sing. Waiting makes us a little tougher and builds spiritual muscle - thank you for your beautiful blog.

mom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Suzanne, and for the reminder of "spiritual muscle" that does come in the process of waiting on the Lord. And the verse you mentioned? I read it today as part of my devotional - Isaiah 40:31 - and posted about it :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin