Monday, December 17

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 17



For December 17

Outside my window.....the skies are a calm cloudy gray with temperatures in the mid 20's.

I am thinking.....about how life has been so busy that I haven't blogged for over a week.


I am thankful.....that God is an ever present help.  He's there for the little and big things.

I am wearing.....a pair of khakis, a red turtleneck with white snowflakes,  and warm socks.

I am hearing.....silence.  My house is very rare quiet at the moment.  

I am wondering.....what it will take for people to turn to God.  He is the ONLY hope and light in this dark world.

I am creating.....Christmas gifts.  I'm finding out that it is one of those "your eyes are bigger than your stomach" kind of things as the project I've picked is incredibly time consuming.  The idea certainly looked delightful when I came up with it!

I am going.....to take our old dog to the vet today to be put to sleep.  One of my very least favorite tasks as a mother who has seen lots of cats and dogs come and go over the last thirty some years.  

I am reading.....the book "How to Act Right When Your Spouse Acts Wrong" by Leslie Vernick.  This is an excellent book for ALL marriages.

I am praying.....for God's peace, joy, strength, and wisdom for some difficult conversations ahead.

I am remembering.....the smell of Christmas cookies baking in my Grandma's kitchen.  What a powerful memory!

I am hoping.....to have enough energy to get everything done over the next week. 

On my mind.....is how broken the world is all around me.

From the learning rooms.....we will be working hard on schooling so we can enjoy next week OFF!

I am learning....that people only share their life stories when they trust you and believe you care about them.  

Noticing that.....the sunshine always improves my mood. It's much too gray this time of the year.  

I am looking forward to.....Christmas being over because all of our family gets together for New Years and I can't wait to see them all!

Pondering these words....."When we are weakest, He is strongest—and when we step far out of our comfort zones, we step right into the comfort of Christ." ~ Ann Voskamp

From the kitchen.....a batch of carmel corn disappeared yesterday.  YUM!

Around the house....we are enduring the strong scent of primer and paint as a room is getting a makeover.

One of my favorite things.....is opening each Christmas card and letter that arrives via snail mail.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include today's trip to the vet, taking a daughter to script readings twice, working on Christmas gifts, a couple of days of work, Christmas card writing, baking, preparing for college sons to come back home, a chiropractic appointment, and house cleaning.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Here's one project that was recently completed and mailed off - a Christmas stocking for my newest grandson.  His mama actually picked out the fabric for it when we were shopping during the weekend before he was born (as we were hoping all the shopping and walking would put her into labor!) 

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the November daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Amanda said...

Very cute stocking!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin