Saturday, December 8

the chosen tree

And there she is!  The daughter that picked the winning tree that will grace our living room with its bountiful full branches filled with ornaments from top to bottom from now until the new year.  

Actually, I was surprised that all the girls wanted to take the drive to the tree farm to find a Christmas tree to cut down. With the exception of my littlest, my older girls tend to turn their cute little noses up at a host of normal activities around here.  Yet today they were excited to take part in this annual event and were actively going from row to row to find the perfect tree that would get the family vote.  They even enjoyed getting a peppermint candy cane from the owners while the tree was loaded onto the trailer.  I think I'll count this as my first Christmas miracle this season as it was an enjoyable time from start to finish!

Let's hope the pine scent wafting through the house will trigger some necessary Christmas spirit and motivation!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Rachel D said...

Always wonderful to go pick out a live Christmas tree!! Hope it spurs that Spirit of Christmas!!
God Bless

Lisa M Griffin said...

I love going out to find our fresh Christmas tree each year as a family. It is a tradition that began when I was a child and continue with my own.
Lovely blog!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin