Tuesday, January 1

on to thirteen



Happy New Year!  


There's a new calendar just waiting for me to write down birthdays, anniversaries, and important upcoming dates for the new year; however, I haven't had a chance to break it out of its packaging quite yet.  Instead, you must settle for a peek at our greeting on the info board in the kitchen.  And yes, our Jesse Tree was not a tree this year as the devotional pieces were hung as decorations in a spot where we are always checking for each day's happenings.  

There's great relief that 2012 has ended.  It was a hard year in many ways for me.  A learning, stretching, heartwrenching year.  A year full of teardrop puddles.  Of feeling lost, yet knowing in my heart I was completely found by a God who loves me abundantly.   Twelve challenging months that weren't detailed much on my blog or Facebook.  

On to 2013.  

That clean slate in front of me which began this morning with my favorite devotional My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers.  I think one of my favorite devotions of his is the very first one of the year as it provides an excellent challenge - "Let us Keep to the Point"   My hope and prayer is to be determined to live absolutely and entirely for Him each day of the year.  

Yes, a year ahead  to be lived fearlessly knowing God's perfect love will keep me.  

I'm up for the challenge!  How about you? 

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

All the best in this new year!!!

I really need to get that book ~ I love the quotes you share from it!

mom said...

It is one of my core devotionals, Tammi, and I'm always challenged by his words combined with God's Word.

May you be blessed by it!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin