Monday, January 28

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 28



For January 28

Outside my window.....there's patches of blue sky after a snowy yesterday. 

I am thinking.....it's time to get back into early morning walking (haven't I said this before?  :::sigh:::)

I am thankful.....that when I'm cold I can just keep putting on layers of clothes or blankets to warm up.  

I am wearing.....a pair of black exercise pants, a long sleeved maroon top, and my fuzzy clogs.

I am hearing.....through the grapevine that the very cold weather is going to return at the end of the week. 

I am wondering.....how my daughter will do with taking her road test for her driver's license later this week.

I am creating.....some new space in a room that was very cluttered with craft supplies.  

I am going.....to meet with a friend over a cup of tea this week. 

I am reading.....the book "unPLANNED" by Abby Johnson.  

I am praying.....for a friend who desperately needs full time work.

I am remembering.....all the time it took to bundle up a houseful of kids to go outside to play in wintry snow.

I am hoping.....to find the wood burning tool my sons had years ago (or maybe buy one if it's lost forever).

On my mind.....is broken hearts and the inability of me to be able to do anything about it except PRAY.

From the learning rooms.....we have been catching up on our corrections as the holidays threw us off schedule.

I am learning....to let go and let God which is probably one of those lessons that everyone will need to practice until returning to dust.  Just sayin'......

Noticing that.....I'm accumulating a lot of birch bark as we go through our woodpile for the woodburner.  There must be a project on Pinterest that I can use it for, eh?

I am looking forward to.....having some time to work on a baby quilt or two in the days ahead.

Pondering these words....."Do you really want to look back on your life and see how wonderful it could have been had you not been afraid to live it?”―Caroline Myss

From the kitchen.....my husband has been trying a variety of recipes that have not been well received since he likes to use a lot of odd ingredients.

Around the house....are piles of hats, scarves, and mittens as I've tried to sort out what we no longer need.

One of my favorite things.....is watching big fluffy snowflakes fall from the sky.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include play practice each day for a couple of the girls, some work for me, a couple of meetings, paying real estate taxes (ugh!), sorting through craft stuff until it's done(!), and maybe some sewing.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Ice skating down on our lake while it was snowing like crazy late yesterday afternoon.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the January daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Kimmie said...

it was a fun visit with you today.
Your pond looks fun.

Kimmie
mama to 8
one homemade and 7 adopted

Blog Widget by LinkWithin