Monday, January 7

starting a new year

My new calendar with illustrations by Susan Winget has been opened and important dates have been noted.  Each month was photographed and is ready to be shared here in the year ahead.  

Soooooo, announcing January and the start of a new year!

What a perfect verse to live out for the entire year ahead!

"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him." ~ Colossians 3:17

Whatever you do -  anything and everything - in word or deed, should be a reflection of Jesus Christ in your life and done with a heart of thankfulness. 

What if you consciously thought about that as you were going about your day?  What would your world look like? What kind of impact could you have on the world around you?  Would those around you come to know Jesus?  

Of course, all our words and deeds come from what is in our heart.  The place where our thoughts wander and ponder. So perhaps the first thing we need to do as we start the new year is a heart check.  Take some time to do a spiritual check-up.  

*Are you spending quality time with the Lord?  

  •      In His Word?  

  •      In prayer?  

  •      In worship?  

  •      In fellowship with other believers? 
  •  
  •      In serving Him wherever He places you? 
And more importantly, is it your heart's desire to do those things?

I can't answer those questions for you.  I can only look at my own life.  Having done a spiritual check-up over the last few days there are a couple areas that I believe God is showing me I need to be more disciplined in pursuing in my relationship with him.  My heart's desire is to be obedient.  

Actually, I'm looking forward to what God will do in the year ahead since He did so much digging and plowing and pruning in my life over the past year.  Time to grow in Him!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

  

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin