Monday, March 18

Simple Woman's Daybook for March 18


For March 18

Outside my window.....the skies are cloudy gray with significant snow coming later.  

I am thinking.....it'll be a late spring this year.

I am thankful.....for the caring and supportive friends I have in my life.  

I am wearing.....a white t-shirt with flowers on it, blue jeans, and my fuzzy clogs.

I am hearing.....the sound of the old fashioned desktop squeaking every time my daughter lifts it up and down while she does her schoolwork.  

I am wondering.....if the weather in the pathway of our returning mission team will delay their travels today.

I am creating.....a list of projects that I need to work on NOW (inside projects which will drive me crazy if they are not done when spring finally arrives).

I am going.....to work on our Christmas letter that never got sent at Christmas time because we weren't able to get a family picture back then.  Still don't have a family picture, but I'm thinking an Easter update letter may work. 

I am reading.....the book "Bonhoeffer" by Eric Metaxas.

I am praying.....for a friend whose alcoholic spouse has fallen back into the habit.

I am remembering.....how hard it is to wait for spring to come each year!  What a lesson in patience!

I am hoping.....to get caught up on my ironing.

On my mind.....is how important it will be in the days ahead to trust God completely for decisions I need to make. No interfering with my plans allowed!

From the learning rooms.....we are working through a book for a review that will appear on my blog.  I haven't done one of these in a long time, so it's kind of fun.

I am learning....to not just go through the trial, but to GROW through the trial.  

Noticing that.....there's more daylight in my days right now and it feels wonderful!


I am looking forward to.....more fresh juice.  We've been doing some fruit and vegetable juicing lately and it's been wonderful.  

Pondering these words....."The call of God summons us from easy chairs onto winding roads, rocky paths, and thorny ways.  It puts into our minds a hope for new vistas, a craving for new understandings, a thirst for living life on a different plane of discipline and discovery, and a "holy discomfort" with ourselves." ~ Sara Covin Juengst

From the kitchen.....my favorite thing to make these days is a Greek salad recipe that a friend passed on to me.

Around the house....are dog toys all over the floor from the pup we are babysitting right now.

One of my favorite things.....is sitting by the woodburner with my devotional on quiet mornings.  

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include the return of a traveling husband, some work projects, some home projects, and connecting with a friend.  Nothing too big this week, so it should be a nice pace.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A long distance shot of a fox at the edge of the field by our house.  He was truly as quick as a fox so I'm amazed we even got a picture of him.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the March daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin