Friday, March 1

that kind of love

Yippeeee!  March is here and it's gently arriving lamb-style with blue skies, sunshine, and temperatures in the 20's.  

I wish the verse for the month was arriving before me ever so gently - "This is my commandment, that you love one another as I have loved you." ~ John 15:12

When you really grasp the magnitude of God's love for you, well, it's BIG.  Really BIG.  Totally unconditional.  Never changing.  Always available.  God's love is powerful stuff.

And that, my friend, is how we are to love one another.  It's not a simple request.  It's a commandment.  

It's easy to follow that commandment when considering those who have grown in your mother's heart such as your children.  There have been some difficult things I've walked through with my children through the years, but my love stays strong for them.  

It's hard to follow that commandment when considering those people who have not grown in your heart, but instead have hurt you.  Could be in little ways.  Could be in big ways.  

And yet, aren't they the ones most in need of God's love? His grace?  His mercy?  

A whole month ahead to consider God's love and our response to others because of His love.  His great sacrificial love that the whole world will consider at the end of this month - even if only for a passing moment by some - when the death and resurrection of Jesus Christ are remembered.  

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin