Friday, April 5

counting to 1,000



My heart temporarily turned to mush yesterday when I stopped by the local library to drop off and pick up books and media.  I saw their sign for "1000 Books Before Kindergarten" and immediately thought of my granddaughter who is involved in this program at her local library.  It was one of those "awwwwww!" moments.  

What an awesome program!  I can think of no better thing for parents to do with their young children than READ LOTS OF BOOKS.  You are exposing them not only to a whole big world around them, but you are engaging them in a love for reading that will last their lifetime.  It really doesn't take that much time to do on a daily basis and can be as relaxing for you as it is for them.  I still read to my youngest before bed each night and know she looks forward to it.

Do check out your local library to see if they are currently doing this program.  Most programs have a lot of fun incentives to go along with reading goals.  Not only will the reading be great, but you are also establishing a library habit that will last past their childhood which could be why this granddaughter has grown up loving the library.  

If you'd like more information about this program, check out this pdf link: 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin