Monday, April 8

Simple Woman's Daybook for April 8


For April 8

Outside my window.....the skies are a heavy gray with a rainy day forecast.

I am thinking.....that the weather forecast for the week ahead doesn't look good for doing much walking or running outdoors.

I am thankful.....as I realize how healthy our family has been this winter.

I am wearing.....a bright green t-shirt with my yellow hoodie thrown over it and khaki pants.

I am hearing.....the sound of rain on the rooftop.

I am wondering.....if the combination of melting snow and steady falling rain has created flooding in my work office like last spring.

I am creating.....my garden seed order for this spring.

I am going.....to see some of my grandkids soon!  Yippeeeee! I miss them soooo much!

I am still reading.....the book "Bonhoeffer" by Eric Metaxas.

I am praying.....for a friend who hopes to find a new job in a new state for a new chapter in her life.

I am remembering.....how muddy spring is each year with the muddy paw prints that accompany the dog going in and out and in and out.

I am hoping.....to quickly finish up the clothing changeover project I started last night with my youngest as we transition from winter to spring weather.

On my mind.....are my adult children and their steady need for prayer.  Our job as moms doesn't end when they leave home!

From the learning rooms.....we are noticing that our books are getting much closer to being done for the year.  That's always a great feeling!

I am learning....how to make better quilted triangles.  This link has a good triangle tutorial

Noticing that.....my hair is very badly in need of a haircut.  

I am looking forward to.....opening windows once again and the scent of fresh air in my house. 

Pondering these words....."The first day of spring is one thing, and the first spring day is another.  The difference between them is sometimes as great as a month." ~ Henry Van Dyke (I'm hoping it's not greater than a month!)

From the kitchen.....we are still experimenting with fresh juice recipes.

Around the house....are boxes of books that I've been sorting through.  Some to sell, some to keep, some to drop off at Goodwill.

One of my favorite things.....is waking up during the night and realizing the cat is sleeping next to me.  A little petting and I fall back to sleep to the sound of his purrrrrrrr.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a couple projects at work, traveling to visit my grands,  traveling to see the new home of a son and his wife, traveling to visit a different son for a special parents' weekend event,  and arriving back home in time for a meeting.  Of course, most of these plans are weather dependent.  Snow, snow, GO AWAY!

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
There are usually surprise photos that show up whenever I download my camera.  This is the clearest one of a series of swinging in trees and apparently jumping into the snowbank below.  Fortunately there were no broken bones or I would have known about this earlier!  

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the April daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

jennifer anderson said...

...got the windows open now! finally...

mom said...

Yay, Jennifer! I am totally jealous, of course!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin