Wednesday, April 3

to commit and establish

Welcome to April!

"Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed." ~ Proverbs 16:3   Or this version from my own Bible:  "Commit your work to the LORD, and your plans will be established." ~ Proverbs 16:3 (ESV)



I think I would like to combine these two into....commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will be established.



It seems best to me to commit not only my work to the Lord, but to commit whatever I do to Him.  To please Him.  To bring glory to Him.  To do it for His purposes.  That can happen in work or play or rest.  



And it seems to me that it would follow that if I am committing every area of my life to Him in that manner, He will establish those plans.  When I hear the word 'success' it comes with a worldly connotation to me.  Success in the world we live in would look quite different than what success may look like to a believer.  In fact, as I ponder it a bit, do we even use the word 'success' much as one who follows Christ?  God's measuring stick is so different from the world. He looks at the heart, not the outside, plus He says the first will be last.  As we live out our life for Christ our treasures are in heaven, not on this earth.  


However, as we commit our life to the Lord, through the work of the Holy Spirit we will develop fruit in our life which will be noticeable:  "The fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control...."    ~ Galatians 5:22-23  All of those character traits sound like great ones to establish in your life.

So do make this a month of committing everything to the Lord and see what plans He will establish in your life!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin