Tuesday, May 28

Simple Woman's Daybook for May 28

For May 28


Outside my window.....the skies are a heavy gray with a chance of rain throughout the day.

I am thinking.....about ways that may work to dislodge my metabolism which seems to be stuck in low gear with this season of menopause.  

I am thankful.....that we had sunny weather all weekend even if it was a little cool as it allowed us to spend a lot of time enjoying the outdoors.

I am wearing.....black pants, a white tank, and a brightly flowered cardigan sweater.

I am hearing.....the sound of the morning birds outside my window.

I am wondering.....how productive I'll be this week as I'm feeling tired after the busy family weekend.

I am creating.....a to-do list for our upcoming family wedding.

I am going.....to order a new pair of running shoes.  

I am reading.....only my devotional and Bible right now.  No time to get into any other books at the moment, so reading the best there is!

I am praying.....for my son who has completed his military commitment and now needs to go through the mountain of paperwork to get out.  It would be nice if he was done before his wedding.

I am remembering.....how much I DISLIKE wood ticks!

I am hoping.....to start my garden planting later this week.

On my mind.....is a big fundraising event for the ministry I work for and all those last minute details yet to tackle.

From the learning rooms.....we are almost completely done with our studies! A couple of those subjects that they just.don't.like are lingering with each daughter.  

I am learning....how to run a new FAX machine today.

Noticing that.....it's quickly becoming green in my woods. A little more rain would help.

I am looking forward to.....my lilacs opening up soon.

Pondering these words....."Jesus sums up common-sense carefulness in a disciple as infidelity.  If you have received the Spirit of God, He will press through and say—now where does God come in this relationship, in this mapped out holiday, in these new books?  He always presses the point until we learn to make Him our first consideration.  Whenever we put other things first, there is confusion." ~ Oswald Chambers

From the kitchen.....this weekend was one of my kids' favorite meals - brats, homemade potato salad, baked beans, and cantaloupe.

Around the house....are clumps of fur from the dog as he sheds his winter coat.

One of my favorite things.....is planting flowers in the springtime.  I love it!

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a couple full days of work, a committee meeting I need to travel for and a committee meeting here, school corrections, garden planting (I hope!), meeting with a friend over coffee, and catching up on laundry as we transition our closets from winter to spring.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A smattering of spring flowers in the creek by our cabin.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the May daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin