Monday, June 17

Simple Woman's Daybook for June 17


For June 17

Outside my window.....the blue skies we woke up with are now gray with a chance of rain.

I am thinking.....about running my little tiller through the garden to loosen up the soil again after the hard rain we've had over the weekend.

I am thankful.....for supportive friends who care for me and are my prayer warriors.

I am wearing.....light gray exercise pants, my new turquoise blue 5K t-shirt, and flip flops.

I am hearing.....the sound of one nearby chirping bird.

I am wondering.....how God will work out a couple of situations that look impossible at the moment.

I am creating.....a new weekly chart to keep up with all the crazy summer schedules around here.

I am going.....to maneuver through road construction to get to our local library today.

I am reading.....through the book of Esther as I lead a Bible study through the summer. 

I am praying.....for friends who are heading to Haiti to minister and support those serving in an orphanage.

I am remembering.....how faithful God has always been.

I am hoping.....to finish all my flower planting this week.

On my mind.....are all the things I need to do to prepare for our upcoming family wedding this summer.  

From the learning rooms.....there are still a couple books that need correcting to complete our studies.  Let's hope I finish that up before summer is here and gone!

I am learning....that I can trust God as I take some new steps in my life.

Noticing that.....the month of June is already half over. How did that happen?

I am looking forward to.....finishing up all my thank you notes from a recent ministry event.

Pondering these words....."You cannot control what happened in the past, but you can control your current responses and attitude.  Harboring blame or resentment promotes disharmony and bitterness.  Worse, it harms your testimony and fellowship with God.  So far as it depends on you, forgive and allow God to handle the rest. " ~ Charles Stanley

From the kitchen.....are lots of cookies as the result of a cookie bake-off for Fathers Day.

Around the house....are bobby pins everywhere.  I'm quite certain they multiply faster than rabbits.

One of my favorite things.....will always be hugs from my children no matter what their age.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include engagement pictures for a son and his fiance', running girls to work, working a couple of days myself, mowing the yard, planting flowers, and a bunch of sorting, cleaning, and reorganizing within my house.  


Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
This was the winning all-around cookie for the Fathers Day cookie bake-off - a delightful butterscotch chip recipe.  

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the June daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin