Tuesday, June 25

the bite of the party

Ever present in our culture - peer pressure.

Even for adults.

The pressure is unbearable at times.  

So after having my daughter go to a variety of extravagant birthday parties and planning her very simple birthday party, I caved in a little bit and looked on Pinterest to see what I could see.

Oh, there were a ton of ideas for our beach party theme, but I decided to keep it simple.  I used an idea that didn't come from Pinterest - a sand pail and shovel for the "goodie bag" - and I attempted one creative food idea:
A watermelon shark!

It really was kind of fun to do and the girls loved it.  

Want to make your own?  Here's the step by step link:

Watermelon Shark Tutorial

Have fun!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


2 comments:

Amanda said...

Those parties can get over the top! And while it's important to make the birthday child feel special, it's equally important to give the guests a good time and think of them. Sounds like you achieved that balance nicely. :) Way to go on your watermelon shark, I love it!

mom said...

Thanks, Amanda!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin