Monday, August 19

blooming beauty


My favorite part of gardening season is when the zinnias start blossoming.  I realize they aren't vegetables, but I sure love walking through the garden and smiling every time I walk past them. 


Although I was late buying seeds and missed out on some of the different varieties of zinnias since they were already sold out, the ones that are blossoming are not disappointing me in the least. 


In fact they could refuse to blossom if they wanted since a row over are the onions.  I mean really, who wants to be planted by onions?  The aroma in that part of the garden isn't the most pleasant unless, of course,  you love onions.


But they seem to want to prove their beauty despite where they are planted.  How blessed I am to be on the receiving end of such blooming beauty!



"God plants His saints in the most useless places.  We say—God intends me to be here because I am so useful. Jesus never estimated His life along the line of greatest use.  God puts His saints where they will glorify Him, and we are no judges at all of where that is." ~ Oswald Chambers

Sometimes God plants us in what feels like a useless place.  In fact, it often feels like a very unpleasant useless place.  And yet, it is usually right where HE wants us.  As He moves in our lives, He takes us to a place of growth.   He doesn't abandon us there; in fact, He's only always a whisper away.  Through these very places where we learn to trust Him completely, comes beauty.  Beauty that could be obtained in no other way.  He reveals things about us that we never knew before and develops within us an inner strength through our faith in Him.

A useless place? Hardly.  A place where we can glorify Him as we bloom with the beauty that comes from Him.

If you find yourself by an onion patch, let go, let God, and grow into glory!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin