Monday, August 5

Simple Woman's Daybook for August 5


For August 5

Outside my window.....the skies are cloudy gray with some rain in the air. Hopefully it will rain all day as we really need it.

I am thinking.....about college applications.  Not for me, for my daughter.  I think that filling out those applications has to be one of my least favorite processes at the end of a homeschooling journey.  

I am thankful.....that my son has completed his commitment to the military and can begin a new life with his beautiful new bride.

I am wearing....khaki pants, a light peach colored top, and my white fleece hoodie because it's cool in the house this morning.

I am hearing.....rain falling on the leaves of the trees outside my open window.

I am wondering.....how God is going to work out some details in my life as I patiently wait upon Him for the next step.

I am creating.....a calendar for our upcoming school year.

I am going.....to hopefully get our car back tomorrow as its been in the body shop for a week now.

I am reading.....a "day" from 31 Days of Praise by Ruth Myers each night before bed.

I am praying.....for a family who lost their son in an accident.  
I am remembering.....how much I love late summer days as I start sensing a bit of fall in the air.  

I am hoping.....to get caught up on all my ironing this week. I'd love to have the laundry area all cleaned up.

On my mind.....is a friend who will be leaving a ministry as she returns back to college to get her master's degree.  What an example she has been to others as she has taken giant leaps of faith learning new things over the past year.

From the learning rooms.....I've written out our curriculum needs and am in process of ordering everything today.

I am learning....how to use an iPad. That is a BIG thing for an older mom! 

Noticing that.....the cooler weather is wonderful for running in during the evenings.

I am looking forward to.....seeing wedding pictures!  I hope the preview is ready soon.

Pondering these words....."Don't be put off immediately when others seems to question your lifestyle or ask combative questions. They are probably trying to find out who you really are and what you believe.  Always be armed with the gospel." ~ Charles Stanley

From the kitchen.....I'm trying different combinations of the Greek yogurt, oatmeal, and fresh fruit combo to find one I really like.

Around the house....are boxes of this and that as I'm sorting through things that my children are outgrowing.

One of my favorite things.....are fresh flowers picked from the garden.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a follow-up chiro appointment for a daughter, Bible study on Esther tonight, a couple days of work, mowing the lawn, soccer practice for the youngest, a meeting at the end of the week, and continued work on my summer to-do list.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A bunch of cherry tomatoes just waiting to ripen for eating. Yummy!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the August daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin