Monday, September 9

Simple Woman's Daybook for September 9


For September 9

Outside my window.....the skies are gray with a chance of thunderstorms today.

I am thinking.....about unpacking all my stuff and starting some laundry.  Notice that I'm just thinking about it as the task seems daunting at the moment.

I am thankful.....for God's protection over all of our family's travels over the past couple of weeks.

I am wearing....my jammies and bathrobe.  Taking my time and waking up slowly this morning.

I am hearing.....late summer crickets chirping outside my window.

I am wondering.....where to start this morning as there's so many things to do which all seem to be shouting PRIORITY!

I am creating.....daily calendar "To Do" reminder lists on my iPad and love the ease of using that method of looking at them throughout the day and checking them off.

I am going.....to schedule appointments for the dog and cat for their rabies vaccinations.

I am reading.....too many books at once right now!  I need to stick with one at a time and finish it.

I am praying.....for my sisters in Christ who are part of my community of ministry.

I am remembering.....how wonderful getting back into a fall routine feels.

I am hoping.....to get my husband's business bookkeeping done this morning.

On my mind.....is the list of a million details for an upcoming reception.

From the learning rooms.....we've unofficially been doing some schooling but are officially back on schedule TODAY.

I am learning....that most things are not as they seem from the outside.

Noticing that.....the woods around me is showing signs of fading green.  Fall colors aren't far away.

I am looking forward to.....watching God work in a variety of situations.  

Pondering these words....."We are not working for victory, we are working from victory." ~ Fr. Frank Pavone

From the kitchen.....we will be canning tomatoes in the days ahead.

Around the house....are all the things that came in from the car last night that need to be unpacked as well as a stack of mail.

One of my favorite things.....is the sincere hug of a friend.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a chiropractic appointment, work, soccer practice for the youngest, meetings with several people on the reception committee, and working on all the garden harvesting.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Being up in the mountains is one of my favorite things.  Just a peek at the view before going above the timberline.  Such a breathtaking realization of the splendor and majesty of God's creation!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the September daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Joyful Reader said...

What a beautiful picture! God's wonderful artwork! Thank you for sharing it. I am way behind on bookwork too! I just need to take a day and commit to it. I have too many books going as well. but when I come across a good one it is hard not to start in on it.

mom said...

Thanks for stopping and leaving a comment! It sounds like the two of us have a lot in common :-) I started another new book yesterday....I'm afraid I'm hopeless when it comes to books! LOL!

Blessings,
Tammy

Blog Widget by LinkWithin