Saturday, October 5

Five Minute Friday - Write

Five Minute Friday

Sometimes you WRITE and you never get back to your computer to actually post.  So here's yesterday's five minute version on the word WRITE:

WRITE

It's so easy to not make time to write on my blog anymore.  Life keeps pressing in on all sides and it doesn't seem essential like it used to be to put words on here.  There's so many other places people can read online and unless you are an avid blogger who is consistent and connected and engaged with readers, it often doesn't make sense to take valuable time for 12 people to read.  You know?

This past week life was again pressing in on all sides and it was essential that time was spent to write.  Almost three hundred people would be sitting in an audience listening to my thoughts put into words put into vision. I needed to write down all those things bouncing around in my mind by putting them into some logical order that would make sense and condensing them into about a 15 to 20 minute time span.

"WRITE!", I kept telling myself all week in those rare snatches of time I had or when being woken up early morning before the sun came up.  And slowly I did write.  And re-write.  And on Thursday morning I finally could write my closing thoughts to complete my talk. Not much time to read aloud and practice all those words I did finally write.  So often words you write aren't easy to speak well.  My human heart felt the word "failure" whispered to it, but God gave me a peace and calm that evening as I stepped up to the podium to talk.  
He gave me the words to write.  Words He wanted me to speak.  Mission accomplished.  To Him be the glory!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

AMEN! I find the challenge of writing on a specific topic more daunting than I thought it would be! Especially in 5 minutes or when it will be presented to an audience!! You have a wonderful way with words ~ God has gifted you with that ~ and I'm sure His glory will shine/shone through you as you deliver(ed). :)

I know what you mean, too, about it not always feeling like it makes sense to purposefully sit down and write when you know your audience is very small. I'm in a bit of a slump right now, myself. Just more important things to do, I guess! But when I feel compelled to write, I write, and it feels good. And sometimes, you get that ONE comment that says, "I really needed to hear that today" and you know you've done the very WRITE thing. ;)

susanwalkergirl said...

Dear Tammy,

My goodness...you captured what I've been feeling like for quite some time now. "Life keeps pressing in on all sides..." Wow...that's it, that's what it feels like.

Thank you for sharing how you precised despite doubt and the Lord met with you and enabled you and gave you the words He would have you speak.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin