Monday, October 7

Simple Woman's Daybook for October 7


For October 7

Outside my window.....the skies are mostly sunny as the wind blows a cloud or two around.

I am thinking.....about how quickly fall arrived and will just as quickly leave.

I am thankful.....for God's peace in my heart when humanly speaking there should be no peace.

I am wearing....a long sleeved cream shirt with a rust colored sweater thrown on top, dark brown pants, and warm socks.  

I am hearing.....the creak of my chair each time I turn as someone comes by my desk to talk to me.

I am wondering.....why children believe they know so much more than their parents.  Is our experience absolutely meaningless to them?

I am creating.....an idea for scrap strip quilts.

I am going.....to hopefully have a free weekend soon.  They've been booked up forever it seems.

I am reading....."A Disruptive Faith" by A.W. Tozer

I am praying.....for a family and their sudden loss of a loved one.

I am remembering.....how my children's bickering would drive me crazy when they were little and have found that it's even harder to deal with when they become adults.

I am hoping.....to begin writing thank you notes today.

On my mind.....is an upcoming meeting.

From the learning rooms.....there's a need to catch up on corrections.

I am learning....just how broken our world is.

Noticing that.....many of the brilliantly colored leaves have already fallen.

I am looking forward to.....wood ticks dying off for the year.

Pondering these words....."The good seed cannot flourish when it is repeatedly dug up for the purpose of examining its growth." ~ J.C. Kromsigt

From the kitchen.....we will be making a lot of fresh carrot juice so I don't have to can so many carrots!

Around the house....are plenty of reminders that I haven't been home much lately.  Time to clean the house!

One of my favorite things.....is sunshine streaming through my windows.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include cleaning the house, entering LOTS of data for work, some more garden clean-up, and getting back on track with my walking/running.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
We brought home a bunch of goldfish from a reception but only one survived. And then we lost him, too.  It was kind of sad. We haven't had fish here in a long time and may need to consider having a few again as they are a calming presence.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the September daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Dianna said...

I enjoyed reading your daybook entry today, Tammy. I'm sorry about your fish that have died. I've been in a couple of doctor's offices that have had big fish tanks in them. They are calming to watch.

It has been a long time since I've made fresh carrot juice. It is good with a little kale too.

Our pastor just used a quote by Tozer in his message last evening. I like Tozer.

mom said...

Thanks for stopping by, Dianna! I recently picked up a new Tozer book which will be perfect reading during the darker days of fall.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin