Saturday, October 19

the de-friending of Emily


Fall, leaves, fall;  die, flowers, away.
Lengthen night and shorten day;
Every leaf speaks bliss to me
Fluttering from the autumn tree.
I shall smile when wreaths of snow
Blossom where the rose should grow;
I shall sing when night's decay
Ushers in a drearier day.
~Emily Bronte

Dear Emily,

It is a good thing you lived over two hundred years before me because we obviously would not be good friends.  You like it when all the leaves fall and the woods become brown and bare? 
You like it when the beautiful flowers of summer die the moment frost deeply touches them?  

Shorter days and longer nights?  Seriously?  It makes me want to sleep in too long in the mornings and go to bed as soon as the supper meal is finished.  Talk about a lack of feeling productive.

Falling leaves are bliss to you?  Obviously you didn't have a large yard that needed to be quickly raked by YOU before the weather suddenly decided to change from rain to snow.

And you smile about the snow?  Good grief, girl!  Snow in October is WAY TOO EARLY!

I can hardly bear the thought of this month turning into the darkest dreariest month ever....November....and you're singing?  

Yes, dear Emily, you and I are quite the opposites for this season brings sadness to me.  The long months ahead of cold and white snow everywhere are not anticipated with joy.  Only the daydreams of longer days and shorter nights bring my heart bliss.  Daydreams of a variety of greens with brightly colored flowers here and there with adoration for where the rose grows while my heart anticipates singing again in the sunshine.  

And as this cloudy rainy day has quickly changed into a lengthening night, I think I'll sit by the fire and close my eyes for a daydream or two.....

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin