Monday, November 11

Simple Woman's Daybook for November 11


For November 11

Outside my window.....the skies are the traditional color of November - GRAY.  Heavy cloudiness almost every day with scattered flurries of snow.

I am thinking.....about the typhoon that hit in the Philippines crossing over an island that my oldest daughter had served on for a summer's mission trip.  Such devastation in such a short time.

I am thankful.....to have adult children who I enjoy spending time with when there's opportunities to be together.

I am wearing....WARMTH!  Long sleeves and a fleece zip-up with long pants and fuzzy socks.  I'd wear mittens, too, but it's hard to type with them on.

I am hearing.....the tick tock of the clock in a momentarily quiet house.

I am wondering.....why mermaids are such a fascination to little girls?

I am creating.....a list of ideas for Christmas gifts.

I am going.....to take this big stack of mail to the post office tomorrow. I forgot that they were closed today in honor of veterans.  

I am reading....."mudhouse sabbath" by Lauren F. Winner

I am praying.....for a friend who had major surgery last week after a diagnosis of breast cancer.

I am remembering.....the years ago November when I cooked up a bunch of fresh pumpkin for recipes.

I am hoping.....we stay healthy as apparently there's a lot of *bugs* going around right now.

On my mind.....is finding the snow shovel that the dog keeps dragging away since there's fresh snow on the porch this morning. 

From the learning rooms.....the high school transcript is current for my high school senior as we march on through college applications and scholarship forms.  Can you say PAPERWORK? 

I am learning....how to play with Microsoft Office a bit more for letter writing which includes formatting for pictures.

Noticing that.....it seems to be taking me longer to adjust to the cold of the season.

I am looking forward to.....most of my older ones coming home for Thanksgiving in a couple of weeks.


Pondering these words....."There are far better things ahead than any we leave behind." ~ C.S. Lewis

From the kitchen.....we will be enjoying more homemade soups.  YUMMY!

Around the house....are signs of autumn - a bag full of pine cones, little pumpkins, and lots of apples.

One of my favorite things.....are letters from my grands.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include making more applesauce, working on a newsletter for work, sorting through the toy box to reduce clutter, and a board meeting at the end of the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Haven't been to a hockey game in over 30 years, but really enjoyed attending a college hockey game over the weekend. We sat right down by the ice, so I had to get over jumping every time they banged the glass in a scramble in front of us. It sure was fun though and I'm glad we took the time to travel to do this.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the November daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Dianna said...

I like the way you are dressed for warmth! I, too, seem to be having more trouble this year adjusting to the cold.

I enjoyed my visit here today. :)

mom said...

I've had a few people tell me they are having a hard time with the cold weather this year. Perhaps it is something that comes with getting older?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin