Thursday, November 21

turning toward tulips

Scene 1:  In Walmart to pick up dog food and get sidetracked mysteriously finding myself near the marked down flower bulbs.  Couldn't resist and picked up four packs of tulips.
I read the directions and giggled about the "plant in the fall before the first frost hardens the ground" part since we are way past the first hard frost.  That won't deter me from planting these now.

Scene 2:  Turning 180 degrees from my tulip picture is this view:  
This could deter me a bit from planting now, but I'm going to wait a few days for a bit of a warm-up which will hopefully melt our four inches of fresh new snow allowing me to dig enough to plant.

There were a lot of other spring flower bulbs marked down, too, so I'm even considering going back to purchase more and attempting to force several pots full of flowers to bloom before spring comes here.  Just trying to figure out where I could store them as they require a 32 to 50 degree chilling place for several weeks.

Let me tell you, it's not easy being a flower lover who lives in the tundra!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Dianna said...

You sound as determined as I am when it comes to flowers! I love it!

mom said...

I am determined but my determination is fading a bit as the weather is bound and determined to be COLD. Below zero temps for the night :::sigh::: I may have no alternative but to try indoor forcing them.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin