Thursday, November 14

what if

So thinking about prayer lead me to this:

     "I once wrote that God always answers us in the deeps, not in the shallows of our prayers.  Hasn't it been so with you?
     One of the hardest things in our prayer life is to accept with joy and not with grief the answers to our deepest prayers.  At least I have found it so.  It was a long time before I discovered that whatever came was the answer.
     I had expected something so different that I did not recognize it when it came.  And He doesn't explain.  He trusts us not to be offended; that's all."
     ~Amy Carmichael

I read this over and over again.  Why?  Because I've been praying one of those deepest prayers for a long time as I've asked for God's wisdom and clarity.  I've kept thinking He is telling me to WAIT on Him.  WAIT some more.  But what if what I'm seeing before me IS the answer and I have not recognized it. And He isn't explaining it. AND that I should not be offended that He's answered this way, but accept His answer, trust Him, and move forward.

Let's just say I'm going to be pondering this all day.  And praying more.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~




2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

Oooo, that is some SERIOUS food for thought!!!

Dianna said...

Tammy, thank you for sharing this quote from Amy Carmichael as well as your own thoughts. Now I am going to be pondering this all day today! Thank you for the prompt! I really like Amy Carmichael a lot.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin