Friday, December 6

Five Minute Writing - Reflect


Up for the challenge of five minute writing?  Write for five minutes on one word.  No editing. Post it.  Then read what others have written and encourage them.  The moment I read the word for today - REFLECT - I knew it would be a challenge because I've been doing so much of it lately.  How to put all that into 5 minutes?  GO:


REFLECT 

As soon as all the hubbub of the Thanksgiving holidays was over, my mind went into a major mode of wanting to reflect over everything that had happened over the year - all the tangled hurting relationships, all the challenges of the ministry I'm working in, all the brokenness in the world around me.  

The interesting thing that I noticed during this time of pondering is that I kept catching myself writing the year 2014 on checks that I write.  2014?  It usually takes me months to adjust to a new year!  All I can think of is that my mind subconsciously wants to be DONE with this year.  It's been a hard year.  God's been collecting tears by the bucketfuls.  I'm weary of all the deep thinking that has taken up my year.  


What I desire now is to take all of that and begin to REFLECT. I want to reflect back to a broken world all the hope and faith and trust and love which I know are solidly found in our God as He has been working on healing my heart little by little all year long.  

Yup!  Guess my heart is ready to be done with 2013 and to start the new year now.  To be a light to the brokenhearted. To reflect God in the relationships, ministry, and world around me.

Here's to 2014!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Sue Peterson said...

Stopping by from FMF! I can so relate to your feelings about getting a year done. That is the way I felt last year. This year has been a little better, so I'm not quite as anxious to get it done.
I hope you can find some time to be in the moment in December and enjoy the end!

mom said...

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a word of encouragement, Sue!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin