Sunday, December 22

plenty of red

Day 22 - red

plenty of red

My poinsettia plant is huge and RED!  Putting it by my December calendar page seemed perfect since poinsettias were the flower of the month.  

The verse for the month is:  "For He shall give His angels charge over you, to keep you in all your ways." ~ Psalm 91:11

When singing a verse of a Christmas hymn in church, I was reminded of a way that the angels keep us.  It's interesting because I've never really noticed or thought more deeply about these words until they literally jumped out at me when we sang "It Came Upon the Midnight Clear".  From the third verse:

"And ye, beneath life's crushing load,
Whose forms are bending low
Who toil along the climbing way
With painful steps and slow,
Look now! for glad and golden hours
Come swiftly on the wing.
O rest beside the weary road
And hear the angels sing!"

Feeling a bit beneath life's crushing load lately with steps that are painful and slow as I toil along the climbing way, I was blessed to hear the word REST.  REST beside the weary road. It's okay, stop and rest.  AND hear the angels sing.  I think my spirit could use the blessing of hearing the angels sing.

How about you?  Are you weary?  Could you use some rest? The angels who have charge over you will sweetly sing to you the good news of Jesus Christ.  That kind of news is what helps keep us on our way.  It refreshes, renews, restores.

Listen.......

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin