Monday, December 9

Simple Woman's Daybook for December 9



For December 9

Outside my window.....everything is snow covered with the current temperature in the single digits.

I am thinking.....about all I need to do today and telling myself I probably shouldn't be on the computer right now!

I am thankful.....that we found our Christmas tree so early this year as the warmth of the lights on it is a blessing on these darker days.



I am wearing....a long sleeved cream colored top covered by one of my favorite heavier yellow button up sweaters with a pair of khaki pants and warm socks.

I am hearing.....Christmas music playing in the room of one of my daughters.

I am wondering.....if this is going to be one of our coldest winters in a long time.

I am creating.....a list of things I need to make as Christmas gifts.  

I am going.....to do some much needed snow shoveling before I run into town on my errands of the day.


I am reading....."A Disruptive Faith" by A.W. Tozer

I am praying.....for a friend whose husband has been very ill with an unknown diagnosis as all the tests are coming back negative.  

I am remembering.....other Christmases when there were lots of little kids living here and there was a constant feeling of excitement in the air.

I am hoping.....our streak of good health will continue.

On my mind.....is how this is suppose to be a merry happy time of year but often is quite the opposite when the struggles of life are present.

From the learning rooms.....we are looking forward to a couple more weeks of schooling and then taking a break.

I am learning....to trust God's timing in ALL things.

Noticing that.....gas prices are down.

I am looking forward to.....a new year!


Pondering these words....."I can't brag about my love for God because I fail Him daily. But I can brag about His love for me because it NEVER fails." ~ Author Unknown

From the kitchen.....we will need to start our holiday baking soon, but it is kind of nice to have daughters who aren't looking forward to having tons of sweet things tempting us constantly. Therefore, we can probably bake less and do it closer to when family will be coming home.  

Around the house....are more blankets scattered here and there as we've already had a taste of below zero weather.

One of my favorite things.....are the surprises that come with Christmas.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include shopping both online and locally, family Christmas letter designing, a few days of work, and a board meeting at the end of the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Our cat snuggling in his favorite place this time of the year, primarily because he loves to drink the tree water.  This is also my Day 9 - Cozy for the December photo-a-day challenge.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the December daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin