Wednesday, January 29

burnt up in the vortex

The chopped and split wood was neatly stacked by late fall as we anticipated a row per month with plenty to last through the winter.  But no one said anything back then about a Polar Vortex. Or the fact that a Polar Vortex can affect weather more than once in a winter.  Or that a Polar Vortex can continue to affect the weather into another month, like say February, which I heard about tonight in upcoming weather predictions.

And now that I think about it, we had a touch of below zero temperatures back in November, then again in December, all adding to the bountiful supply of negative numbers this past month.  

It's been a POLAR VORTEX extraordinaire!

I may need to get one of those shirts that says "I survived the Polar Vortex of 2014".  But, of course, first I have to survive it!

My biggest hope and prayer is that we will have enough wood to get us through the rest of the winter because we are already into February's stacked row.

In other words, it's been one extremely long cold winter!  And we are all wondering.....will it be an extra long winter or will spring actually come early? Anyone willing to bet a cord of wood on their choice? 

All I can say is, stay warm, my friends!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

LaughingLady said...

Haha, I love this! Because I can SO RELATE!!! We're going through our stack of wood much faster than we anticipated as well. We figured we'd bought enough to last us well into NEXT winter, but I'm having my doubts about that!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin