Tuesday, January 28

choosing to be desperate?


"I have come to believe that one of the greatest reasons we don't pray more than we do is this:  we're not desperate.  We are not really conscious of our need for God....Though my natural instinct is to wish for a life free from pain, trouble, and adversity, I am learning to welcome anything that makes me conscious of my need for Him.  If prayer is birthed out of desperation, than anything that makes me desperate for God is a blessing." ~Nancy Leigh DeMoss

Truth, don't you think?

We tend not to pray much when life is going smoothly. Actually, when life is going smoothly our faith becomes rather complacent.

It's when life brings pain, trouble, and adversity that we draw nearer to God through prayer allowing Him to stretch and grow our faith.  

There is perhaps a tad bit of irony when we do recognize a bit of flatness to our faith walk and ask God to stretch and grow us AND he responds by bringing pain, trouble, and adversity onto our path causing us to go "OUCH!  OUCH!  OUCH!  THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT, GOD!"  Ever do that?

Count it all blessings, my friend, and pray some more!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin