Thursday, January 16

quietly pondering

At the end of each year I pick a new morning devotional to use for the new year.  Here's the one that I started at the beginning of January.
It has been good so far giving me questions to ponder at the bottom of each page. And it's often just what I need to read and be encouraged by each morning.  

Like yesterday.

The Scripture verse was - "His divine power has granted us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through the knowledge of him who called us to his own glory and excellence." ~2 Peter 1:3  (actually that entire chapter is good...read it!) 

This is what really spoke to my heart when considering the verse - "We now have all we need for salvation, all we need for sanctification, all we need for every step, every season, every struggle and strain of life." ~Nancy Leigh DeMoss

We have ALL WE NEED through Jesus Christ.

Not just some things.  Not just a few things.  Not just most things.  He has granted us ALL things that pertain to life and godliness.  

ALL things!

Sorry if it seems like I'm shouting, but I really really really don't want you to miss it.  Especially if you are walking through a season of struggle and strain.  The enemy loves to attempt to pull our focus away from the Lord and onto our circumstances. Don't do it.  Run to Jesus and be reminded that He provides all things for YOU who believe in Him.

To HIM be the glory!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LaughingLady said...

I am a HUGE fan of Ms. DeMoss and listen to her podcasts daily. That book has been on my Amazon wish list for a while (along with a few others by her!), but there are always other books that I want more! She's always so inspiring and insightful.

Tammy said...

So often I've used classical devotionals (and I confess to also reading My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers almost every day, too!) as my primary devotional, but this is a new one only out since 2012. I've read bits and pieces of her writing through the years, but I think this is actually the first book I've purchased. I'm liking it so far :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin