Monday, January 27

Simple Woman's Daybook for January 27


For January 27

Outside my window.....a sunny day with a fresh covering of snow as temperatures are extremely frigid.    We are in the midst of Polar Vortex, Part 2.

I am thinking.....that these days of being forced to be inside allow me to get all my tax work completed and ready for the accountant.

I am thankful.....for the support and love of friends.


I am wearing....a pink hooded sweatshirt with a white long sleeved shirt underneath, my pretty flowered flannel pants with long underwear underneath, and two pairs of fuzzy socks.  Yes, really, it's that hard to keep the house warm when the windchills are near 40 degrees below zero.

I am hearing.....a high school DVD class playing in a daughter's bedroom.  Many public schools are closed today and tomorrow, but the weather rarely stops us from doing our studies.

I am wondering.....how many years ago the winter was this extreme.

I am creating.....sketches for a baby quilt I need to work on this winter.

I am going.....to stay inside all day long!

I am reading....."Grace (Eventually) Thoughts on Faith" by Anne Lamont

I am praying.....for a family who recently said good-bye to their son after a tragic accident took his life. 

I am remembering.....how much I prayed when all my kids were little realizing that was nothing compared to how much I'm praying for them now that many of them are grown up and out of the house.

I am hoping.....the flu does not pay a visit at our house.

On my mind.....is how best to keep our heating costs down right now when it's so cold.  I especially feel badly for those who have to use propane gas since the cost of that per gallon has skyrocketed.

From the learning rooms.....we are delighted to have just passed the halfway point in our books!

I am learning....that following hard after God also means the enemy likes to keep distracting you with things that waste your time and take you away from the purpose God has for you.

Noticing that.....our rows of wood in the woodshed are disappearing much quicker than planned.

I am looking forward to.....getting through the month of January and it's hibernation tendencies.

Pondering these words....."Help me to put aside the things that are breaking my heart, to pray about things that break yours." ~ Author Unknown

From the kitchen.....where we've almost eaten a whole crockpot of creamy chicken wild rice soup.  YUMOLA!

Around the house....are piles of papers as I sort and save and toss.

One of my favorite things.....are the rare days where the sun shines this time of the year.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include tax work for our business and personal, going into work and spending time writing a newsletter, and I'd love to get at some quilting.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
I simply adore chickadees!  They are such happy birds that fly in and out of our bird feeders year around.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the January daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin