Thursday, February 13

ready to wither?

With snow falling like crazy outside my windows first thing this morning, it seemed like a good day to stay put and not travel in to work.  Quite simple to work here today since I'm up to my elbows with paperwork which can be done anywhere.

So, I instead settled in with my Bible and devotional by the fire.  My reading took me through Psalm 90 which I read, re-read, read yet again.  Thankful to not be in a rush this morning, I could stop and ponder and sigh and be humbled as the verses talked about the length of our days.

"You sweep them away as with a flood; they are like a dream, like grass that is renewed in the morning:  in the morning it flourishes and is renewed; in the evening it fades and withers." ~ Psalm 90:5-6


"The years of our life are seventy, or even by reason of strength eighty; yet their span is but toil and trouble; they are soon gone, and we fly away." ~ Psalm 90:10

As I read this and considered my age, it means I have about a 15 year span left to flourish.  

As I read this and considered how quickly my 55 years have passed, a 15 year span is but a blink of an eye.  

As I read this and considered reality, there are no guarantees of a single day of life for my single blade of grass could fade and wither today.

It comes down to this verse - "So teach us to number our days that we may get a heart of wisdom." ~ Psalm 90:12

My days are numbering quickly at this point and I do desire to have wisdom from God to flourish and to live each day fully for Him.  

How about you?  As you consider your days past and present, are you living them in a way that you can say "it is well with my soul"?  Considering this is worthy of taking a few moments to think about as you reflect on your life - where you've been, where you're going, and how you can number your days to bring glory to God!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin