Monday, February 17

Simple Woman's Daybook for February 17


For February 17

Outside my window.....it's a little breezy as we receive a new dumping of snow.

I am thinking.....about my "To Do" list sitting next to me on my desk for today.  There's a lot to do!

I am thankful.....for the friendships God has placed in my life at this time.


I am wearing....a long sleeved blue shirt covered by a gray fleece zip-up and a pair of blue jeans.  

I am hearing.....the little dog we are watching for friends as he paws at my daughter's door.

I am wondering.....if we need to contact someone about shoveling all the snow off our roof?

I am creating.....a new space in my bedroom to work on a variety of things.  I feel the need to be immersed in sunlight right now and my bedroom is THE best place for warm sunshine.

I am going.....to a baby shower this weekend if the weather doesn't throw off our travels.

I am reading....."The Truth about Style" by Stacy London

I am praying.....for a friend whose husband is going through an intense treatment for an aggressive cancer with hopes he'll be given a little more time on this earth. 

I am remembering.....those first moments after my babies were born which was prompted by a flurry of newborns lately.

I am hoping.....our health continues to hold and we stay well.

On my mind.....is wanting to get outside to walk and run and breathe deeply.  This weather is driving me crazy!

From the learning rooms.....our studies are going well.  We are patiently waiting on hearing from one more college that has been applied to so one of my daughters can finalize her fall plans.

I am learning....that God uses a lot more things than just a lot of children to build patience into your life.

Noticing that.....even our cat is attempting to sneak out the door after too much winter!

I am looking forward to.....the upcoming play performance at the local high school. 

Pondering these words.....a quote from yesterday's sermon - "The biggest threat to the church today is fans who call themselves Christians but aren't actually interested in following Christ.  They want to be close enough to Jesus to get all the benefits, but not so close that it requires anything from them." ~ Kyle Idleman

From the kitchen.....where we are thankful that the sweet treats made for Valentines Day are GONE.

Around the house....are little scraps of wood that seem to catch on our socks when sitting by the woodburner.

One of my favorite things.....are smiles that pop onto people's faces when they see you.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include calling to make various appointments, a few days of work, play practice and work for a daughter, writing a newsletter, and hopefully family time on the weekend.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
This is the fence along our driveway which is almost buried from the snow piling up against it.  The snow will provide great moisture for all the spring bulbs planted along it.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the February daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Kimmie said...

Like the part about what your Pastor shared...

we too are up to our eyeballs in snow. thinking about moving to some place with no snow ever. ready-for-spring!

Kimmie

Tammy said...

Thanks for stopping, Kimmie! I hear you about the snow....we are expecting our next dumping today. Enough already!

I do like the quote, too - imagine how different the world around us would look if we all lived full out for Jesus?!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin