Friday, February 14

the garden from old


The day is almost done, but it's not too late to participate in Five Minute Friday.  Write for five minutes on one word.  No editing.  Post it.  Then go to Five Minute Friday and read what others have written leaving words of encouragement along the way.  Today's word is GARDEN.  Yup, can you believe it?  A word that I could write volumes on because I love my garden! This is going to be a challenge!  Ready.  Set.  Go!


GARDEN

My gardening roots go way back to wandering through my grandma's garden as a little girl.  When I think about it now, the images in my mind are of lots of greenery, the black dirt pathways, and the sense of warm sunshine on my face. Couldn't tell you a single thing about what was growing in my grandma's garden.  All I know is that it gives me a warm fuzzy feeling just thinking about it. 

I wonder if it has anything to do with something else that comes to mind when I think about being a little girl and spending time at my grandma's house?  Because when I think back I always connect my grandma with the old Presbyterian church she faithfully attended.  The images in my mind are of the wooden pews, creaks in the floor, and the music.  Yes, the music and listening to my grandma in the church choir.  

There's one song that still sticks out in my mind from childhood visits in her church that I still love to this day - "In the Garden"......."And He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own. And the joy we share as we tarry there none other has ever known."

THAT is what makes my garden so special.  It tends to be a quiet peaceful place where I talk to the Lord.  Going through the rows of greenery on dirt paths with the warm sunshine on my face, I am reminded that I am His own.  His beloved. Could there truly be any greater joy to my heart?

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

LauraHix said...

I absolutely love that song. It was my mom's favorite. There is solace in hearing those words, and He walks with me, and He talks with me, and He tells me I am His own...
I am His Own!

Lisa Ann said...

Your memories truly make gardening sound appealing. From the sound of your other posts you could use some sunshine and warmth! You have a lovely blog. I appreciate your emphasis on God's Word! Blessings.... Lisa@mywordstudy visiting from FMF

Blog Widget by LinkWithin