Friday, February 28

to choose beyond the brrrrrrr!

Some weeks it takes forever to get here, but this week Friday came quickly.  It's time for Five Minute Friday.  Write for five minutes on one word.  No editing.  Post it.  Link it.  Then read the post before yours and be sure to leave a note of encouragement behind.  In fact, feel free to read several of the posts, leave several notes of encouragement, and make several new friends.  The word for today is CHOOSE.  Ready!  Set!  Go!


CHOOSE

This winter weather is certainly nothing I would ever choose.  I read the stats this morning that we've had 54 subzero low temperatures this winter and 9 subzero high temperatures in February alone.  NINE!  The worst part is that those of us who would choose to be outside in the winter to help the days pass more quickly - especially this winter with all the snow we've received - are stuck indoors because of the extreme cold.  No one would choose such a harsh winter and I'm running into more and more people who are wondering if they can get through much more of this.  The mental challenge is getting the best of them as SAD (Seasonal Affective Disorder) and the typical cabin fever is raging.

We may have no control over this crazy extreme weather, but we are able to choose our own attitudes.  Again and again the verse comes to my mind - ".....choose this day whom you will serve..." (Joshua 24:15).  I can get caught up in all the complaining and moaning and groaning over this endless extreme winter OR I can go with the "This is the day that the Lord has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it." (Psalm 118:24)  

We really only have this moment in time.  Nothing beyond it is guaranteed.  And yes, it does take a conscious effort.  But through His Word and the encouragement of friends we can choose wisely!

Stop!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Jen Ferguson said...

Whether it's weather or relationships or food choices, I so want to choose wisely. And I'm grateful I don't have to do it all based on willpower, but with God's power!

homeskoolmom said...

I'm with you, I wouldn't choose the cold weather either! And you're right, complaining about it won't change it and won't help our outlook either. I'm making the attempt to remember that compared to those zero temps we've had 30 is a heatwave. Have a wonderful day!
Christine

Blog Widget by LinkWithin