Monday, March 17

Daybooking in March


For March 17

Outside my window.....the skies are gray as snow is in the forecast AGAIN.

I am thinking.....that I should perhaps get out my seed catalog and order what I need for this year's garden.

I am thankful.....for the delivery of extra firewood from friends as we are so close to running out this year.


I am wearing....flowered flannel pajama bottoms, a long sleeved shirt that matches the bottoms, and a brightly colored hoodie as I'm not quite ready to start my Monday yet.

I am hearing.....the little heater that takes the chill out of my bedroom in the mornings.

I am wondering.....if I need to take our dog in to the vet or not?  He's definitely not feeling well, but is it something that will pass or not?  You never know what dogs will eat out in the woods that sets their stomachs off.

I am creating.....an overdue baby quilt for a grandson.

I am going.....to start *thinking* about spring cleaning which is the first step in actually doing it, right?

I am reading....."Winter Watch" by Anita Klumpers

I am praying.....for my son and daughter-in-law as they get closer to baby time.

I am remembering.....how short our springs tend to be and this one may be the shortest ever since the winter keeps stretching on and on.

I am hoping.....to soon be walking outdoors again once the snowbanks along the backroads have melted.

On my mind.....is how difficult the unknown must be for the family members of the passengers of the missing airplane.  

From the learning rooms.....my senior has hit the "let's get it done so I can graduate" stage.  Yippppeeeee!

I am learning....that you never stop learning.  It is a lifetime process as God continues to reveal new things all the time.

Noticing that.....God is working in some unanticipated and unexpected ways within our family and this is good even if it's painful at times.

I am looking forward to.....SPRING!  SPRING!  SPRING!

Pondering these words....."Trust God in the dark until the light returns." ~ A. W. Tozer

From the kitchen.....the refrigerator is stocked with vegetables and a few fruits for a daughter who is determined to do a juice fast after eating junk for a week while on vacation with friends.

Around the house....are little fur bunnies as the dog and cat begin shedding their heavy winter coats.

One of my favorite things.....are the texts from my oldest daughter of the funny things my grandchildren say.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include traveling to an appointment which will include some shopping afterwards, a few days of work, preparing for a family visit, an evening meeting, correcting schoolwork since we are behind a couple of weeks (yikes!), a chiropractic appointment, and hopefully some work on a quilt.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
I have been babysitting my brother-in-law and wife's plants this winter while they have been living in warmer places and their Christmas cactus just began blooming like crazy.  It's so nice to see COLOR this time of year after looking at nothing but white.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the March daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

A happy heart at home said...

Hi! How exciting that you will soon have a new grandbaby and a high school graduate! Congratulations! I'm not a quilter, but I did crochet baby blankets for my grandchildren. Very pretty cactus! I enjoyed your Daybook. :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin