Friday, March 28

the mighty part


Friday is here already and so is the weekly writing challenge. Write for five minutes on one word.  No editing.  Post it.  Link it up at 5 Minute Friday Read the post before yours and be sure to leave a word of encouragement.  The word for today is MIGHTY   Ready!  Set!  Go!

MIGHTY

So many things that have been happening around me are quiet yet powerful reminders of how mighty I am NOT.  

This point was brought to the forefront of my mind yesterday as my ten year old daughter and I were talking through her Bible lessons.  The topic?  The life of Job.  Of course we laughed about the "Have you entered the storehouses of the snow" line as the heavy wet spring snow was clumping outside our windows.  But the more you study Job's life and his interaction with God, the more you realize that there is only One who is truly mighty - the LORD.  

Even when a friend's mom unexpectedly dies.  Even when a couple's grandson suddenly takes his life.  Even when a woman who is barely making ends meet loses her job.  Even when a teenager is rebellious. Even when a marriage crumbles.  Even when more snow is in the forecast.  Even when.....I can't muster up even a little bit of mighty.

HE IS MIGHTY!

And I know with all my heart that HE hears my prayers for each one of those situations.  My prayers are mighty when they are placed in the Hands of a mighty God.  And I'm mighty thankful about that!

STOP!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~ 

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin