Monday, April 7

Daybooking in April

For April 7

Outside my window.....it's completely dark!  I don't think I've ever done a daybook entry at night.

I am thinking.....about how happy the arrival of spring - FINALLY! - makes me feel inside.

I am thankful.....for warmer temperatures, sunshine, and melting snow.


I am wearing....black running pants with a long sleeved coral colored top.

I am hearing.....the dog snoring down the hallway.

I am wondering.....what I should do with a bunch of tulip bulbs that I forgot that I had until I did some cleaning in our mudroom closet today.  I was going to put them into pots this winter and try forcing them into a spring bloom.  Whoops!

I am creating.....a list of indoor cleaning projects to do before all the snow is gone.

I am going.....to get back on track with my walking/running now that the backroads are almost clear of snow and ice.

I am reading....."The Storm Inside" by Sheila Walsh

I am praying.....for my son and daughter-in-law as tonight is their first night home with their brand new beautiful baby boy.

I am remembering.....how muddy everything gets in the spring, especially dog paws.

I am hoping.....to soon be able to open up windows and let the fresh air inside.

On my mind.....is a friend who is going through a difficult time with her health and no definite diagnosis yet.  

From the learning rooms.....we are getting fewer and fewer pages that need to be done in our books.  Yippeeeeee!

I am learning....how to use my Kindle app on my iPad (go ahead and laugh!)

Noticing that.....the birds are really singing in the morning now.  I don't really notice them until I open the door to let the dog out.  

I am looking forward to.....waking up earlier in the morning as I shake off this winter hibernation mode.  

Pondering these words....."Until we have seen someone's darkness we don't really know who they are.  Until we have forgiven someone's darkness, we don't really know what love is." ~ Marianne Williamson

From the kitchen.....is an almost empty container that was filled with pieces of fresh pineapple.  That yummy stuff disappears in an instant around here.

Around the house....are a variety of coats, sweaters, and sweatshirts scattered around.  We never know what we'll need as each day the weather is so different.

One of my favorite things.....are when my older ones come home for a visit.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a few days of work, spring cleaning as I'm able to squeeze it in, school corrections, figuring out tax returns for the kids,  and a board meeting at the end of the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Here's a view of some of our front yard and the driveway.  Still quite a bit of snow to melt, but at least it's warming up enough to actually melt.  It makes for a dull colorless view except for that bright orange sled that was left on a driveway snowbank.  

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the April daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Kim said...

Oh I clearly remember what it's like to bring home a new baby. All the excitement and nervousness wrapped into one. I will pray for them too!
Muddy dog paws! I have a 'toesie towel' by the door in spring for muddy dog toes.
I'm not laughing about the Kindle app. I'm excited for you. I love being able to borrow digital books from the library. I'm reading so much more without late fees!
Have a wonderful week!

Tammy said...

Thanks for your prayers, Kim! Parenting is a learn on the job kind of thing. I still don't have most of the answers ;)

I wonder if we could catch our dog when he comes through the door to get his feet wiped off in time.

I'm looking forward to trying this new way of reading. I've resisted trying it for a long time. My daughter showed me how to get some of the free books from the library. It sounds like when they are due, they just disappear from your device. No late fees that way! lol

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Hilary Cook said...

Congratulations on the new grand-baby! I really love your quote. Is it ok if I borrow it? It is a very profound statement. Have a blessed day from a fellow Daybooker.

Tammy said...

Thanks for stopping by, Hilary! Yes, please feel free to borrow the quote. It is something to really ponder and be challenged by.

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Blog Widget by LinkWithin