Monday, May 19

Daybooking in May


For May 19

Outside my window.....the clouds are moving in on a spring breeze with temps in the low 60's.

I am thinking.....that parenting young adult children has to be the hardest season of a mother's life.

I am thankful.....for God's wonderful provision of a young woman to work with in ministry who blesses me with her youthful skills (yes, that would mean technology and computer stuff!)


I am wearing....black running pants with an old t-shirt and a fleece thrown over it to stay warm as the house is still chilly this morning.

I am hearing.....music playing in the living room.

I am wondering.....about my garden.  To plant or not to plant or what to plant.  It's so hard for me to keep up with 
as my family grows up and moves away from home, plus my schedule is getting fuller allowing less down time to spend puttering around in my garden. 

I am creating.....a list of the seeds I'll need this year in case I do plant veggies.

I am going.....to perhaps travel this weekend to visit family if it all works out.

I am still reading....."The Storm Inside" by Sheila Walsh

I am praying.....for clarity and vision for the future.

I am remembering.....my oldest daughter's wedding seven years ago today and all the freshly blooming lilacs we picked that morning for the table centerpieces.

I am hoping.....to be able to survive having my two college sons home for a couple of weeks.  They can be a great help, but they eat a lot and stay up real late(!)  lol

On my mind.....is the difficulty of disciplining older children and how best to enforce consequences when they make bad choices. 

From the learning rooms.....we are almost completely done with all of our schoolwork! Yippeeeeee!

I am learning....that the most valuable lessons come from the most difficult situations.

Noticing that.....the woods is full of yellows, oranges, and reds from the leaf buds of all the different bushes and trees.

I am looking forward to.....eating healthier with the warmer weather that provides fresh fruits and vegetables.

Pondering these words....."Wrong is wrong, even if everyone is doing it.  Right is right, even if no one is doing it." ~ Sally Clarkson

From the kitchen.....are more fresh smoothies.  How I love our Nutribullet!

Around the house....are stacks of things that came home from college. It'll be nice when they head out to their summer jobs and take the bulk of this stuff with them.

One of my favorite things.....are hearing my kids laughing together.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include some home cleaning projects today, a couple long days of work, and hopefully some traveling at the end of the week.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
Lily of the valley - I'm not sure I've ever looked at them up close as they come through the ground to see how red the first stems are.  I can't wait until they fill out and I can smell the scent of those little white bell shaped flowers!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the May daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin