Monday, July 7

Daybooking in July

For July 7th

Outside my window.....the skies are blue and sunny.  A beautiful summer morning after an evening of receiving some plentiful rain.

I am thinking.....about how very quiet my home is this morning after a very busy full household last week.

I am thankful.....that all my traveling family arrived safely back at their homes last night after dealing with lots of holiday traffic.

I am wearing....a pair of shorts, white tank top, and a bright coral hoodie.

I am hearing.....one bird singing the same song over and over again outside my window.

I am wondering.....how I will ever get all of my garden weeded?  I'm soooo far behind this year on garden work.

I am creating.....some new space on bookshelves as I slowly work on getting rid of books.

I am going.....to work on FAFSA forms today. Better late than never.

I am reading....."God Loves Broken People" by Sheila Walsh

I am praying.....for resolution and restoration between two people who currently can't even begin to see eye to eye in a relationship conflict.  

I am remembering.....how much I always love early summer mornings that are bright with sunshine at an early hour.

I am hoping.....to get started on a college quilt for my daughter very soon as the summer days are apt to pass quickly.

On my mind.....is helping my youngest get ready to go to her first summer camp and alleviating any of her worries about this new adventure.

From the learning rooms.....we are pretty much done for the summer, although I still have some correcting to do with one daughter.

I am learning....to trust God even in little details that seem unimportant.

Noticing that.....it'll be over a week since we've had to mow the grass.  Perhaps the rapidly growing grass is finally slowing down a bit.

I am looking forward to.....having a brief bit of quieter summer days in July (at least I'm HOPING they'll be quieter!)

Pondering these words....."Don't dig up in doubt what you planted in faith." ~ Elisabeth Elliot

From the kitchen.....it's going to be a week of lighter eating after a week of LOTS of eating.

Around the house....are things left behind by family.

One of my favorite things.....are well loved books.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include a couple days of work, garden weeding, some running, going through all the pictures we took last week, more garden weeding, packing up a daughter for camp, and continuing to sort through stuff around the house as time allows.  

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
There was a LOT of time spent in the lake over the past week. My kids had a blast!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the July daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

houseofestrogen said...

I hope your daughter has a wonderful time at summer camp! Some of my fondest childhood memories are from camp... such a special time! Have a great week!

Tammy said...

She's mostly excited about it. Her older siblings are giving her "camp tips" to help her get over any nervousness :-)

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

houseofestrogen said...

Thanks for popping by my blog! To answer your question about starting school in July, we are on a year-round schedule. It is generally 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off all through the year. So, instead of 12 weeks off during the summer, we have 3 weeks each in winter, spring, summer, and fall. It is really a wonderful schedule for being able to travel during off-peak times, during lovely fall and spring weather, etc. Also, it gives the teachers and kids some nice breaks to relax and regroup. We ended up with 5 weeks off for summer, and that was just perfect. Now they will be back in school until September when we have our next 3 week break. Have a great week!

houseofestrogen said...

Thanks for popping by my blog! To answer your question about starting school in July, we are on a year-round schedule. It is generally 9 weeks on, 3 weeks off all through the year. So, instead of 12 weeks off during the summer, we have 3 weeks each in winter, spring, summer, and fall. It is really a wonderful schedule for being able to travel during off-peak times, during lovely fall and spring weather, etc. Also, it gives the teachers and kids some nice breaks to relax and regroup. We ended up with 5 weeks off for summer, and that was just perfect. Now they will be back in school until September when we have our next 3 week break. Have a great week!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin