Saturday, July 26

whatever you do

It was one of those moments when I just don't get it.  The realization of something way beyond my human understanding. The common question of "Why, God?" knowing it won't be answered during my time on this earth.  

It happened when I read the name of someone from our community who was suddenly killed in a car accident.  A woman who was known for her energy and enthusiasm as she volunteered in various community non-profit organizations. She had a vibrant way of connecting a lot of different organizations to be able to resource and work together.  And I had just spoken to her earlier in the week when she stopped by my office.

I'm stunned.

Why do those who have so much to offer to so many people get taken home so soon? 

Perhaps it is God's way of stopping all of us in our tracks to reflect and consider our own lives and legacies.  Are we living life to the fullest for the Lord?  Are our hearts engaged in serving others?  Does the love of Jesus shine in us wherever we go?  

"Whatever you do, work at it with all your heart, as working for the Lord, not for men." ~ Colossians 3:23

What an honor it has been to witness someone's example of doing this very thing!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin