Monday, August 18

Daybooking in August


For August 18th

Outside my window.....the skies are heavy gray with a chance of thunderstorms all day.

I am thinking.....about how two people can be involved in the same situation but each have a totally different story of what happened.  So many things can affect our perspective on life.

I am thankful.....for the freedom we still have in this country to freely worship God (and pray for those who are persecuted in other countries). 

I am wearing....my khaki pants, a white tank top, a mint colored cardigan, and a mint with brown swirls infinity scarf.

I am hearing.....the sounds of a math computer game.

I am wondering.....when I should have a garage sale?  I do believe I'm running out of summer quickly and I'm not sure how successful a September attempt would be.

I am creating.....a quilt for my college bound daughter.

I am going.....to the dentist today for my yearly check-up.

I am still reading....."God Loves Broken People" by Sheila Walsh

I am praying.....for my friend Patti as she moves into a difficult new chapter in her life.

I am remembering.....how challenging the month of August always is with way too many things that MUST get done.

I am hoping.....to continue walking daily whether I feel like it or not.

On my mind.....is the emotional part of a mother sending a daughter off to college.  It's amazing how your mind reflects on everything that has happened from birth to this moment in time.

From the learning rooms.....I MUST order our school books for this coming school year.  I am REALLY behind this year!

I am learning....to keep putting a particular situation back in God's hands because there's nothing I can do about it and it's too painful to ponder over all the time.

Noticing that.....the grass has finally slowed down in its growing pattern.  I don't think I've mowed for a couple of weeks after what seemed like constant mowing this summer.

I am looking forward to.....going to a national conference soon!  Looking forward to a time of refreshment and recharging my soul.

Pondering these words....."Getting over a painful experience is much like crossing the monkey bars.  You have to let go at some point in order to move forward." ~ C.S. Lewis

From the kitchen.....we are thoroughly enjoying the fresh summer foods straight from the garden..

Around the house....are lots of white threads as I travel from sewing machine to ironing board.

One of my favorite things.....is eating sweet peas while in the garden.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include my dentist appointment, saying good-bye to our 15 passenger van, a couple days of work, sewing together the quilt top and then quilting it, more garden harvesting, soccer practice for a daughter, running another daughter back and forth to work, and remembering a couple of birthdays coming up on my calendar.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
One of many big tupperware bowls full of beans that we canned last week.  It was a wonderful and abundant first picking.  It truly felt like we had beans coming out of our ears!

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the August daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin