Friday, August 1

the daily scare

The first Friday on the first day of August.  It takes my breath away a bit as summer winds down quickly.  As part of that quickly part, it's time to write for a quick five minutes on one word.  Post it.  Link it up at Five Minute Friday.  Be sure to bless the link before yours with an encouraging comment and, if you have time, visit several writers in this special community. Okay, today's word is BEGIN.  Ready?  Set?  GO!

(a picture taken last summer in the Badlands with my girls on the very edge of a ledge of rock - they liked to scare their mom!  Yikes!)

BEGIN

It's funny.  The first thing that came to my mind was a quote I read on Pinterest this week - "Do one thing every day that scares you." ~ Eleanor Roosevelt (and I did cheat and looked on Pinterest to make sure I had the words right!).  

What does that have to do with the word begin?

Well, I look back about four years ago when I was being interviewed for my ministry position right about this time. Applying and interviewing scared me half to death!  I did not feel I had any chance at this position, but I felt like the Lord wouldn't leave me alone until I followed through.  Well, that follow through led me to be hired and over the last four years I've had to frequently step out of my comfort zone to try something new.  And you know what?

God is there every single time.

He has never ever let me down as He challenged me and stretched me and whispered, "Trust Me".  

Does that mean I'm never scared anymore because I've learned how very faithful He is?  NOPE!  But I know I can try new things because He is so very faithful.  If I mess up, He's there to help me, teach me, and often to humble me.  And that's okay, too!

So take up the challenge!  Try something new.  Go ahead.  I dare you!

STOP

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

1 comment:

Gayl Wright said...

Yes, with every new beginning, every new thing we try God is with us giving us strength and grace and courage. He is faithful and we can always trust Him. Enjoyed reading your lovely post!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin