Monday, September 22

beet you to it

It's always been this way.  Thirty years ago or today. Mondays are just plain ol' hard days for me to get going and get anything productive done.  The day starts slow, picks up speed never, and ends with me shaking my head discouragingly as I think back to what has been accomplished from sun-up to sundown.

There's never been a clear reason why.  Perhaps I need to look closer at God's Word and one of the ten commandments (Deuteronomy 5:12-15) - "Observe the Sabbath day, to keep it holy , as the LORD your God commanded you. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the Lord you God.  On it you shall not do any work....."(and you can keep reading a few more sentences for further explanation) - because maybe I'm not resting, refreshing, recharging, and refining my time with my Heavenly Father like I'm commanded to do. Therefore, I'm starting my week tired.  Behind.  Distracted.  I dunno?

But today after a frustrating morning, I determined that an afternoon catnap in the sunshine - which seems rare these days - may be helpful.  And it was.  I mentally regrouped and decided to put all my "thinking" projects of the day on hold and instead wandered into my garden to pull all my beets. Stuck them in my huge canning pot to simmer for the rest of the afternoon.  Finished processing them for pickling and here's the result:
At least I feel like I redeemed the day and tackled something that was on my to-do list for the fall days.

After seeing the benefits of a catnap today, I think that on the next Sunday I'll try harder at the resting, refreshing, recharging, and refining part and see if I can maybe change my Mondays for the better!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin