Monday, September 8

Daybooking in September


For September 8th

Outside my window.....the skies are sunny and it's breezy today.

I am thinking.....about the ability we have to change the world one person at a time.  Seems like a slow process until you consider the possible multiplication from that one person.

I am thankful.....for God's protection over me through all of my travels during the past week.

I am wearing....my blue jeans, a favorite white t-shirt, and my new flip flops.

I am hearing.....the breeze in the trees.

I am wondering.....how college campuses can talk a lot about drug and alcohol prevention, yet turn a blind eye to what is actually happening on their campuses.  Seriously, these students are our future leaders?

I am creating.....a long follow-up list from the conference I attended last week.

I am going.....to clean my garage today so I can start setting up for a garage sale.

I am reading....."Grace" by Max Lucado

I am praying.....for clear focus and vision for the future.

I am remembering.....how much I love fall days!  Warm sunshine during the day and crisp nights for sleeping.

I am hoping.....to manage my time well this week because there's so much I want to accomplish.

On my mind.....is the importance of loving sincerely and intentionally blessing others.  We can do that best when we fully lean into the truth of our identity in Christ.

From the learning rooms.....we have begun a new school year.  Only two students this year.

I am learning....that God really does help us when we are asked to stretch in new uncomfortable ways.  He IS faithful!

Noticing that.....the trees are definitely starting to change color.

I am looking forward to.....applying some new things I've learned!

Pondering these words....."Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person's character lies in their own hands." ~ Anne Frank

From the kitchen.....we will be eating lots of veggies from the garden.  The harvest is always way more than we can humanly possibly eat!

Around the house....are the signs of someone who didn't feel like unpacking last night.

One of my favorite things.....is spending time with my grandchildren and enjoying their abundance of energy (and the mischief that comes with natural toddler curiosity).

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include heading back to work, setting up a garage sale for the weekend, garden harvesting, soccer practice for a daughter, and in general catching up from a week of being gone.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....
A bee on a cosmos - the bees are so so busy amongst the garden flowers right now.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the September daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at The Simple Woman's Blog

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

2 comments:

Good Home (and uninspiring gardens) said...

I enjoyed your daybook ! And I love your picture. The bees are so cool and absolutely vital to ...well...everything! Have a blessed day ! If we lived close I would probably see you at the yard sale ! (I love those!)

Claudia {Sparrowhawk} said...

Those seasons when God stretches us in the most uncomfortable ways are the most difficult, but if it were not for those seasons, I would not have seen the power of God. I have learned many lessons in these seasons too :)

Blessings!
Sparrow's Day Book

Blog Widget by LinkWithin