Saturday, October 18

taste

::taste::

Taste a bit of Thanksgiving a bit early, I thought to myself.

However, it almost felt like, I don't know, breaking a sacred law?  I'm not sure I've ever made a turkey except for Thanksgiving.  But what's a mother to do?  

It was simple.  I just wanted to straighten out our upright freezer and get a good handle on what exactly was in there. The project was going well until a frozen turkey was staring at me on the bottom of the freezer.  Oh oh.  Totally forgot that I had bought a smaller turkey during the holiday season last year.  My plan had been to roast it primarily to use it for the makings of winter soups.

With a college son coming home for the weekend and bringing an appetite with him, I took the turkey out of the freezer and stuck it into the fridge for a week of slow defrosting. Although I felt a tad bit guilty sniffing the delicious turkey scent all not Thanksgiving afternoon, it certainly tasted great when we ate it tonight with only a few of the usual Thanksgiving meal trimmings.

Next stop will be the soup kettle as we enjoy a little more of the forbidden taste!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

*Participating in Five Minute Free Writes
  October 2014 - Day 18

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin