Monday, November 10

Daybooking in November


For November 10th


Outside my window.....the snow is coming down heavy.

I am thinking.....about how I may need to reschedule a few things this week because of all the snow (I've already canceled a few plans for today).

I am thankful.....for coming home a day early from a weekend of family time to get ahead of this weather.

I am wearing....my flowered denim jeans, a white top with my pink shaker sweater over it, and my fuzzy pink socks.

I am hearing.....the squeak of my youngest daughter's desk as she takes school books in and out of it.

I am wondering.....if the snow predictions are accurate for the next 36 hours and if this truly is the beginning of winter.  Could be another long one!

I am creating.....a list of Christmas ideas.

I am going.....to leave my car in the garage today and not venture out.

I am reading....."Transforming Grace" by Jerry Bridges

I am praying.....for a friend who is taking forever (much to her dismay) to recover from bronchitis.  

I am remembering.....that I haven't taken out any of my fall decorations yet.  Not sure that I should take them out anymore as I may need to instead pull out winter decorations.

I am hoping.....to "nail it" on a birthday gift I'm making for someone.

On my mind.....is how to best minister to those who have a totally different worldview than mine.

From the learning rooms.....are some writing projects for both girls.  I wish they loved to write as much as I do!

I am learning....that as believers in Jesus we often don't like to talk much about "refined sins" but instead focus on the big ones.

Noticing that.....the wind is picking up a bit and swirling the snow.

I am looking forward to.....the next time my family is all together.

Pondering these words....."Your calling is radically this: Gloriously hijack every darkness with grace." ~ Ann Voskamp

From the kitchen.....maybe I'll make some applesauce this afternoon and it'll be a pot of chili for supper.

Around the house....are the dumpings of clutter from last night as we came through the door after a weekend away.

One of my favorite things.....is watching my grandson say "no" about everything, even the things he means "yes" but refuses to say it.  He's really a little character.

A few plans for the rest of the week.....include Bible study tonight, hopefully work unless we really do get snowed in, a couple of meetings, and continued cleaning projects as I determine what stays and what goes. 

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you....


Hard to catch a picture as the wind is blowing, the snow is snowing, and the chick-a-dee is flitting quickly in and out at the birdfeeder just under the porch roof.

Thank you for stopping and visiting my daybook on this day. If you'd like to visit others who are participating in the November daybook or write a journal yourself, please stop over at Peggy's at Simple Woman's Daybook

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

4 comments:

Jodi said...

No snow here yet in Michigan...well lower Michigan!! Have a great week!

Tammy said...

Thanks for stopping, Jodi! You may be safe from all the snow as I think it's hitting the UP of Michigan instead. Way too soon for this kind of weather!

Blessings,
Tammy ~@~

Mrs. Pepper said...

Our snow has melted already, much to our childrens disappointment.

You know, I have often pondered the same thing about big versus "refined" sins.

Blessings~

Amy said...

I love this!!-- "Your calling is radically this: Gloriously hijack every darkness with grace." ~ Ann Voskamp

Blog Widget by LinkWithin